QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1672|回复: 2

The True Friend

[复制链接]
takashiro 发表于 2009-7-2 09:17:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Written by Anonymous
Titled and Modified by Satoshi Takashiro, inu.3-a.net

On my way to school, there is a field with two horses in it. From a distance, they look like each other. But if you are walking by, you will notice something quite amazing.
Looking into the eyes of one horse, you will find that he is blind. If nearby and listening, you will hear the sound of a bell. Looking around to find where the sound is coming from, you will see that it comes from the smaller horse in the field. Looking carefully, you’ll see a small bell is tied to her halter. It lets her blind friend know where she is, so he can follow her.
As you stand and watch these two friends, you’ll see how she is always checking on him, and that he will listen for her bell and then slowly walk to where she is, believing that she will not lead him in the wrong direction. When she returns to the barn each evening, she often stops on purpose and looks back, making sure her friend isn’t too far behind to hear the bell.
Like the owner of these two horses, God does not throw us away just because we are not perfect or because we have problems or challenges to face. He watches over us and even brings others into our lives to help us when we are in need.
Sometimes we are the blind horse being guided by the little ringing bell of those who God places in our lives. Other times we are the guide horse, helping others see.
Good friends are like this. You don’t always see them, but you know they are always there.
Be kinder that necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of difficulty.

COMMENT by me:
I’ve no idea how to express my feeling exactly to all of you. When one of my classmates made a duty report on friendship in English class, the teacher said, “When you are looking for a friend indeed, you have to consider that whether you deserve it.” I was a little bit shocked at that moment. Yeah, I never knew how to be a true friend, but just a normal friend. But for this text, I guess I know now. A guider, a listener, a helper and even someone you might seldom see but always know he’s there. That’s why I share this article with you. The way to be a true friend may be not yet clear, but I think there’s a direction.

相关帖子

devil 发表于 2009-9-18 16:30:22 | 显示全部楼层
a friend in need is a friend indeed.......
i totally agree with your idea
a guider, a helper, a listener...
just give him or her a hand when he or she is in trouble
i think that's enough

btw, sorry about that, my english sucks
stupid academic writing's fault
Baulder 发表于 2010-6-7 21:51:05 | 显示全部楼层
Hi, Devil! I see your English is excellent! BTW, academic writing is not stupid.:kgm_smile:
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|時代を越える旅

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 12:11 , Processed in 0.017437 second(s), 21 queries .